FMGE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
|Full Exam Name
||Foreign Medical Graduates Examination
|Short Exam Name
||National Board of Examinations (NBE)
|Frequency of Conduct
||2 times a year
||National Level Exam
|Mode of Application
|Mode of Exam
Foreign Medical Graduates (FMGs) are required to fulfil the following eligibility criteria of FMGE 2021 in order to be able to appear in the December session examination. Candidates can check the FMGE 2021 eligibility criteria listed below:
• Candidates applying to FMGE must be either an Indian national or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
• Aspirants should obtain the necessary primary medical qualification and must obtain their MBBS degree before the ascertained period for a particular session. The MBBS degree of the FMGs must be awarded by institutions included in the World Directory of Medical Schools as listed by the World Health Organization (WHO) or an institution duly attested by the Indian embassy concerned for the candidates to be recognized as medical practitioners in India.
• All the FMGs are required to provide documents in support of the primary medical education from the foreign medical institution concerned.
• Candidates with a postgraduate medical degree obtained in the countries of Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, New Zealand and the United States of America need not appear in FMGE 2021 screening test as they can directly register with MCI/SMC.
FMGE 2021 Syllabus
FMGE syllabus is issued by the National Medical Commission (NMC) along with the approval of the Government of India. FMGE syllabus 2021 December session comprises of the subjects or topics as per the Graduate Medical Regulation which is prepared by the NMC. The syllaus of FMGE 2021 contains questions from Pre-Clinical, Clinical and Para-Clinical subjects.
FMGE 2021 Exam Pattern
The FMGE 2021 exam pattern for the December session includes crucial details of the exam such as mode, medium, number of papers, type of questions and mode. The same can be checked from the table below.
FMGE 2021 Mock Test
|FMGE 2021 December session exam date
||December 12, 2021
|Medium of Examination
|Number of Papers
|Parts of paper
||Part A and B
|Type of Questions
||Multiple Choice Questions
|Number of Questions
||300 (150 per paper)
|Duration of Exam
||2 hours and 30 minutes per paper (150 minu
||Correct Answer: + 1 mark, Incorrect Answer: No negative marks, Unanswered Question: 0 marks
NBE will release the mock test of the FMGE 2021 December session for the candidates who will appear for the test. Aspirants taking up the mock test of FMGE 2021 are able to get acquainted with the test layout, and how to navigate the online examination.
In order to take the FMGE mock test 2021, candidates will be required to enter their login ID and password. The practice test of FMGE 2021 comprises a tutorial section and a section with sample questions. The sample test papers in the FMGE mock test are, however, not indicative of the actual difficulty level of the questions to be asked in the examination.
It is important that candidates take up the FMGE mock test 2021 before the actual exam in order to familiarize themselves with various aspects crucial to the entrance examination.
FMGE 2021 Admit Card
Aspirants who will register themselves for the test will be able to download the hall tickets for FMGE 2021. To download the admit card, aspirants will have to enter the user ID and password. Check the steps to download the FMGE 2021 December session below.
• Visit nbe.edu,in and click on FMGE December 2021 tab.
• Upon reaching to the FMGE 2021 website, click on the link admit card link.
• Login entering user ID and password
• The admit card of FMGE December 2021 will be displayed on the screen
• Verify all the details mentioned in FMGE admit card
• Download and take a printout of the FMGE hall ticket 2021
It is mandatory to carry the printout of FMGE 2021 admit card at the exam centre. Following are the documents which must be carried at the exam centre.
• FMGE hall ticket
• ID proof - PAN card, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport or Aadhaar Card
Documents Required at Exam
• FMGE 2021 admit card (with a recent passport sized photograph pasted on it)
• A valid photo identity proof (PAN/Aadhar/Voter ID/Passport/Driving License)
FMGE 2021 Result
FMGE result 2021 December session result will be announced by NBE in PDF format. The result of FMGE 2021 will mention the roll numbers of the candidates, scores obtained (out of 300) and qualifying status. Only the candidates who will secure at least 150 marks out of 300 are considered qualified for the screening test.
Such aspirants will be eligible to get the provisional registration certificate by the National Medical Commission (NMC) or State Medical Council (SMC). Only the qualified candidates will be able to download the FMGE 2021 scorecards by entering the user ID and password. The scorecard of the FMGE 2021 December session will contain personal details, FMGE scores and other information, which must be verified. FMGE scorecard must be carried to get the registration certificate by NMC and SMC.
FMGE 2021 Cutoff
The minimum qualifying marks that the candidates appearing in the screening test, are required to obtain will be the FMGE cutoff 2021. Candidates failing to meet the FMGE 2021 cutoff will be rendered disqualified and will not be able to register with the State Medical Council or NMC. The total score of FMGE is 300 (two papers of 150 marks each). NBE has set the cutoff of FMGE 2021 at 50%, i.e. a candidate will be required to obtain at least 150 out of 300 marks (in the two papers combined) so as to qualify the exam.